Due to the recent COVID-19 situation, access to the Village of Winnebago’s office is temporarily closed to the public. However, we still have staff available to answer phone calls, respond to emails and process payments during regular business hours.
- TIER 3 MITIGATIONS EFFECTIVE AT 12:01 a.m. on NOVEMBER 20, 2020 Tier-3-Resurgence-Migitations PDF
- Bars and Restaurants must close at 11:00 p.m. and may not open earlier than 6:00 a.m. (no indoor service, no standing or congregating indoors or outdoors while waiting)
- Health and Fitness Centers – must operate at 25% capacity or less Face Coverings must be worn at all times
- Indoor group sporting and recreational activities – paused
- Outdoor recreational activities allowed at 25%; group activities limited to 10 people or less. Locker rooms should be closed.
- In-home gatherings are limited to household members only!
- Funerals Limited to 10 family members of the decedents, not including staff
- Offices: all employees who can work remotely should work remotely
- Retail: must operate at no more than 25% capacity. Grocery, pharmacy and convenience stores may operate at up to 50% capacity.
- REMINDER – Social Distancing during Phase 4
- Department of Commerce Phase 3 Guidelines for Repopening
- WCHD News Release: Opening Message 051820
- IDPH Plumbing Program General Building Guidance for Reopening 5.13.20IDPH Plumbing Program General Building Guidance for Reopening 5.13.20
- Restore Illinois – A Public Health Approach To Safely Reopen Our State May 5, 2020
- COVID-19 CHANGES IN RECYCLING
- COVID-19 EMERGENCY RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
- HOSPITALITY EMERGENCY GRANT PROGRAM DEADLINE: APRIL 1ST – APPLY HERE!
- ILLINOIS EMERGENCY SMALL BUSINESS GRANTS AND LOANS ASSISTANCE – March 26, 2020
- ALL VILLAGE OF WINNEBAGO PLAYGROUNDS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. March 25, 2020
As part of Executive Order 2020-10, it specifically states individuals may leave their residences to engage in outdoor activities such as walking, hiking, running or biking and may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas IF they comply with the Social Distancing. However, playgrounds may increase the spread of COVID-19, and therefore shall be closed.
- STATE OF ILLINOIS EXECUTIVE ORDER 2020-10
- Emergency Board Meeting – Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:30PM
March 19, 2020 Emergency Board Meeting Minutes
- 2020-06 ORDINANCE GRANTING SPECIAL TEMPORARY POWERS TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE VILLAGE OF WINNEBAGO IN RESPONSE TO A DECLARATION OF EMERGENCY
- PRESS RELEASE 3/18/2020
ComEd TAKING STEPS TO SUPPORT CUSTOMERS
- PRESS RELEASE 3/15/2020
REGIONAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS ANNOUNCE FIRST CASES OF COVID-19 IN RURAL COMMUNITY
As of March 12, 2020, the Winnebago County Health Department Released the following announcement:
All public gatherings of 25 or more in the county are to be suspended indefinitely. All businesses are to remain open, (grocery stores, restaurants, etc). Schools are to remain open. Polling places will remain open, but the location at the Prairie View Assisted Living facility has been moved to the Winnebago Public Library out of concern for the elderly who are most susceptible to the virus.
We will provide updates as they are released.
Additionally, the Winnebago Chamber Event scheduled for March 19 has been postponed.