Village of Winnebago, Illinois
Any person shall be permitted an opportunity to address public officials under the rules established and recorded by the public body (ILCS 120/1 – 7.5).
The Village of Winnebago guidelines (Ordinance 00-07) provide that Public Comment opportunity is available for members of the public who have completed and signed the Public Comment form prior to the commencement of the meeting. The guidelines established by the Village of Winnebago governing Public Comment are as follows:
- Public comment is addressed at all meetings of the Village authority;
- The Village of Winnebago allows 3 minutes per requestor for public comment. A maximum of eighteen (18) minutes shall be allowed for non-members at each meeting, except for a public hearing where a maximum of thirty (30) minutes shall be allowed;
- Public comment must be limited to subjects on the meeting’s agenda;
- The Village President may cut off a comment if it is irrelevant, repetitious, or disruptive. No abusive language, unruly conduct, or personal attack commentary shall be tolerated;
- Members of the public wishing to participate in public comment must fill out and file the Public Comment form with the Village Office by 12:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
Generally, all Village meetings are held at the Village Office located at 108 West Main Street, Winnebago, Illinois. However, in the event a larger crowd is expected for a given meeting, an alternate meeting site will be chosen with notification of the same given to the public in accordance with normal procedure and as required by law.
Pursuant to Illinois Public Act 97- 0609 the following total compensation packages were passed by the Village of Winnebago with the 2017 budget on December 12, 2016:
* Village of Winnebago OMA Officer: Lori Schultz, Deputy Clerk
* Village of Winnebago Deputy OMA Officer: Sally Jo Huggins, Village Clerk